Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Now that it's all over, what did you really do yesterday that's worth mentioning? ~Coleman Cox

Another week over, last week was full of work and a start to the meeting season, but the weekend brought with it Gæran - a local music festival.  I scored some free tickets from my lovely neighbour across the way as she is one of the festivals organisers.  Before going though I invited folk for dinner.  Guðný and Heiðdís as well as Olga and Ross and ofcourse mum.  Guðný is ofcourse related to Henry Thor.... so she took great delight in getting to know him better.
Have I mentioned recently what a lovely little man he is...

 Nina, got to come as well.... She was quite impressed.... she looks at me and sees food.  I tend to be a bit lax about removing Freyja's food bowl before she comes.  
 Unlike most days after a big night out, Saturday was all about painting.... Maggi had bought paint and cement filler to touch up the concrete base on mums house and also paint to paint the steps.  A job I have neglected for far too many years..... It was actually quite beneficial, rather than lie in bed or be super lazy around the house, we were out in the cold wind making ma's place look all shiny.
 There was a little bit of sun shining from the west, but as I was mainly working on the west side I felt the first feelings of autumn.  It got sooo cold.  
See shiny stairs and me lying underneath touching up the concrete below.
We ofcourse rewarded ourselves with a beer or two.


Have a great week folks.

2 comments:

Maja said...

Nice job!

northern musings said...

Thanks sweety