Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow



So it´s snowing ... must be Christmas time.

Regular as clockwork (in my mind anyway), if it´s snowing it must be Christmas! This Christmas has been quite strange, in a mostly nice way. Mum, the dog and I have spent the last five days quietly enjoying the time off from the usual activities whether they are work or in mums case - red cross volunteer duty, home visiting, choir practice, etc etc. The downside was (or perhaps too it is an upside), mum had a bad tummy so the eating has been kept to a minimum. We´ve both been "off" our food, which for us foodies is very strange, especially at this time of year. Nevertheless we did sit down to two meals..



This is the day before Christmas eve, now this would put most people off their food, having the dog sit at the dinner table - but actually she has better table manners than mum and I, she does not talk with her mouth full, does not bite her fork and never ever puts her elbows on the table. Here she and mother are enjoying some chicken breast, the wine is a fine rosemount semillion chardonay.
Here she is waiting for me to sit and join in on the festivities
Now here is mum and our feast for the night (Christmas Eve - the main event here in Iceland) We had lightly smoked rack of lamb, twas quite nice, we ate the left overs last night. As you may or may not see the usual condiments made their way to the table, green peas from ORA, yellow peas (or corn to most people), red cabbage and a salad of beetroot and apple in cream.. Oh and ofcourse malt og apelsín

the wine, this time, was from chile, I am actually branching out.

Mum not feeling too good.. no rather I think she is watching something tragic on the tv.
When I look at these photos I realise how cluttered my house looks, strange that to me in reality it seems rather minimalistic.
I think I may need help.
To Maja, Gosia, Maria and TSDuff, (my readership), I wish you all a very happy holiday time and that 2008 brings you all and more, you guys all deserve it! As do I!

5 comments:

tsduff said...

Awe - thanks for the well wishes. I wish you peace and prosperity in the coming new year, and now, please pass the malt og apelsín! :)

shoopska said...

Thanks hun, and a happy new everything to you!! I rather like your house, it's not cluttered, just full of memories (in object form)...
xx

ZUBA said...

Glad to hear you had a good Chistmas, all the best for the new year eh!!

Maja said...

Thanks Sigga :) I've been so busy I haven't had time to read any blogs until today (back at work!) but I have been thinking about you.

I think your house is beautiful. Looking at it in the photo I don't think there's much you could take down or put away.

xox

Overboard said...

You are too funny! I wish I had found this blog sooner. It's gonna be a daily favourite now.
hahahhahahhah. dog doesn't fork. That made me hoot with larfter.