Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Big wedding weekend happening.  My wonderful, beautiful niece Maja is getting married to her Jason and my cousin Beta is marrying her Benni.  Both get married on Saturday.  I am feeling a tad bad and sad about not going to Aus, but time, money and distance was in the way of that happening - also - I have too many wonderful nieces and nephews down there and so to attend one should really mean that one should attend all... ( well that is my excuse!) I also know that the important thing is not the being there on the day but being there for all the days after... there are more than enough people at these events.... and basically I am a selfish person - when I next see Maja and co - I would rather have them to myself and not have to share them with others.....  


So, I am off to Reykjavik... this will be the third trip this year (records are being set).  The weather is crap so am not looking forward to the trip down, however, I am not having to drive down - am hitching a lift with the father of the bride.  Mum is already there having gone on Wednesday - that way able to spend some time with number one son and daughter in law.  Mum and I would have to be the slackest people in terms of spending any time in Rvk.  Thankfully my brother and his wife have come to accept this as a part of who we are.  


It's budget time in local politics so most of the days are spent in meetings trying to find ways to make ends meet.  The funds that are coming from the national government are being cut and we are running over budget this year.  The aim is to retain all jobs, and not increasing costs for locals... but that is a tough target.  We shall see.   

1 comment:

judith said...

I agree, if you are going to go to the other side of the earth you need to be a bit selfish with your time.