Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does. ~Christopher Morley

Another busy week, another good week, so hard to remember what I did yesterday let alone last weekend... However, it is slowly coming back to me... I should take my camera everywhere with a date and time stamp just to remind me... Anywhooo.  Sigga sister in law and Helgi big brother came for a surprise visit.  Helping Maggi change the gutters on his house, Sigga took the opportunity to check the main man... such a cutie.

 My nephew Gunni, his wife and two boys also journeyed north... This is Aron, showing that he is the BOSS... nah, sweet boy, getting worried that so far all the greats are nephews... no great nieces as yet.  Still, there are a few to go in the procreation stakes within the Jonsson family.  Jacqui, Maja, .... the rest of you..... we await a balance in the gender scales.....  
 My contribution is ofcourse the ultra female Freyja, pity she's a dog, which means according to English nouns, she is a bitch..... hey, she's mine!  She is currently malting... I think that I have mentioned this before on my blog... I hate it, I hate it soooo much, but this is what happens twice a year, the whole surface area of my house is covered in fine - very fine - dog hair.  I am trying my best this year in doing a daily sweep, and brush down of the sofa, but still they persist..... Still she is the most beautiful little bitch in the world.
 She is also very well aware of this and will only rest her head on pillows.... two at least but not bad to have a selection..
In other news this weekend is Gæran, a local music fest that started last year and is held in the tannery in our small light industrial area.  I scored some free tickets and will be checking it out.  Might even try to remember to take my camera and take a few photos and videos of the event.  Pity it's not smellavision as that would make it even better, but you can do it at home - wet your dog or if you have one a sheep... you will know what I mean. 
In other news, my brother Jon has taken the Freyjamobile for a spin, so far they are in Hólmavík in the western region of Iceland.... now I have no more excuses... I will be taking mum out of the fjord at some stage.
And finally... the main man, Olga and Sigga..... so adorable.


 i

3 comments:

Unnur said...

A lovely post. Thank you Sigga, it made my day to get the news and ofcourse th photos- didn't hurt the main man was on some. Freyja always photographs well.

Maja said...

We have the most awesome handheld dyson vacuum, you need one!

northern musings said...

hmm, haven´t seen dysons in KS and as you know if you can't get it in KS you don't need it!