Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability. ~Sam Keen

Totally lazy, as I indicated in my last post I have been on holidays and have been travelling around the North.  Húsavík was amazing - the weather was so good.  In typical Icelandic fashion folk parked randomly in the caravan park, no rules or regulations here, most people chose the indian format - circling the wagons to prevent intrusion...
Árni and I borrowed his parents mobile home, it was really very comfortable and as we were in no hurry to leave we spent an extra night in Húsavík and drove home on the Monday, thereby missing out on the major traffic. 
 As you can see my face got a tad red....
 The following weekend we went to Siglufjörður - this time just for one night - and this time the mobile home was being used by another family member and Árni refused mum's offer for hers.... so my tent got an airing - I think I have only used it once.  It was surprisingly comfortable.
 We dressed accordingly - Mr and Ms Hobo.
 That night the town came alive so we headed to the town centre to listen to the bands and meet up with people..... There were a lot of folk from Skagafjörður there - which really isn't surprising as it is only just an hours drive or so away from S'krók.
 Björg looking refreshed and happy after her summer break on her island home Vigur (far North West Iceland)
 The next day was brilliant - hardly a cloud in the sky - a little bit of a breeze but otherwise excellent.
 So the afternoon was spent sitting around and talking.... Árni and I were heading home so no beers for us this day..... just relaxing in good company.
The fjord showed it's best on the way home.... there was a little bit of a fog around the islands - which just made them look even better.  Have I mentioned how much I love this place and my life???

This weekend has been very relaxed - almost early nights, still warm - around 20° C, overcast and southerly breeze.....  and I have been super super lazy - which is what weekends are all about!

3 comments:

judith said...

Beautiful there! So clean and fresh looking, a lot like Colorado and most of the Rocky Mtn. states. Yet at 68F I would be freezing and have to wear a jacket at night.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're having lovely weather and an even lovelier vacation :) I prefer tent camping the most, it makes things more fun, though many a rainy night has been spent crammed into one with Portia, myself, and others of the camping trip crew

Maja said...

Iceland is the greatest country for driving around in, the scenery goes for miles, gotta love it. What beautiful weather you're getting! Good to see.