Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. ~Burton Hillis

 Hope that you have all had a fantastic Christmas time, I have!  It begins as usual with a trip up to dad to leave a candle on his grave on Christmas Eve.  I miss him so much, it seems amazing that next year it will be 20 years since he left us.
 Had the Aussies over for Christmas Eve dinner - Vicki, her sisters Kerry and Donna, Kerry's man Steve, and Donna's daughter Bella - along with ma, Olga, Ross and the main man Henry!  I think that they enjoyed themselves - I know I did.  The day started with the rice pudding at 4, then mum and I went to church at 6 and then the meal just after 7 and then
 Presents!.... Henry helped in handing them out - did an excellent job!
 I went for a late evening walk with Freyja - there was not a soul on the streets.  So peaceful - so beautiful.
 The last few days have seen a massive storm hitting the west coast of the country, the westfjords have been particularly hard hit - with some homes without electricity for the last 40 hours, hopefully this will be fixed before tomorrow night.
 But the snow makes the town even more beautiful.
 All the fishing trawlers are home for the holidays - something I think is so important - that the family has this time together.  That the fishing can wait till after the new year.
 So as the fisherfolk are home they have a mini Christmas do.  I got invited this year - twas a good night - but I do not have the stamina that I once had.  Andri Kára and Gísli Þór provided musical entertainment whilst Eiki was mc, main music man and stand up.
 Tonight - or rather today is Olga's 29th B´day, she invited us all over for curry - yummy!!!!  Nina was delightful - as usual. Henry was almost edible in his sweetness and cuteness - made sure that we all got a little bit of Henry time.
 So good, family - it's the best....
And to top the evening off - my sister arrived!!!!  No photo as the camera battery had died - promise to post again very soon!
Love and hugs to you all!  and a joyous New Year.

4 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

judith said...

Happy New Year to you and your huge family!

northern musings said...

Thanks Judith and a very very happy New Year to you and your family! All the best for 2013.

Maja said...

Happy new year my dear aunt xoxo