Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2013

The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. ~Burton Hillis

 I had to start the blog with a picture of Freyja, she is starting to feel the effects of old age, has developed a bit of a limp when she has been resting for too long.  
Well, it's almost Christmas - the years are flying by and I don't seem to be able to get anything done, I figure it's because I have a attained a high level of procrastination.
 Unnur, Jóhanna, Guðný and I had a weekend in Akureyri at the summer house that Jóhanna can rent through the pilots association - this is the third time that we have gone (or is it four), it's such a nice weekend of relaxing, eating, shopping and them knitting or doing other crafty things whilst I drink red wine....
 The Yule tide lads have arrived again.....   Mum, Unnur, Olga, Ross, Henry and Vicki will be spending Christmas with me.  At the moment Árni is perhaps going to keep up tradition and go to his ex to spend the evening with her and the kids.   I had to go to a meeting in Reykjavík last week, so I convinced Árni to come with me and drive the hire car.  It was great that he did as I do not enjoy driving in winter conditions - however, we really couldn't complain about the weather, it was so nice.
 The view over to Skagaströnd the sun seemed to be hiding behind the mountains.
 The view to the west fjords... so still so clear - so cold.
 Yesterday was mid winter soltice - the shortest day.....  of the year - which ofcourse means that the days are slowly getting longer... just a few minutes each day.
The moon was full and was shining in the eastern sky as we drove south.

In other news, there is a big storm forecasted for Christmas, arriving on Christmas Eve and probably not departing till after boxing day.  Maybe being stuck inside the house will inspire me to write a blog and post pictures from the festivities.

Love and hugs to you all this Christmas - twas extremely slack and wrote few cards.... Thank goodness Unnur is here to write the ones that did get sent.

xoxoxox

3 comments:

Maja said...

Merry Christmas, Sigga! Love you xoxox

judith said...

Merry Christmas! I love seeing your Christmas pictures. Hope you have a wonderful New Year.

Unknown said...

IF YOU WANT EARN ONLINE MONEY JUST VISIT AND START ONLINE EARNING IN URDU......... http://onlinejob-pk.blogspot.com/2013/12/make-money-online-by-view-ads.html