Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant. author unknown

OK so advent is not until next weekend... it came early here today, having done the obligatory clean I decided to use the excuse of darkness to brighten up the house.
Unfortunately I am not digital camera literate so my shots are not that great, but it provides an idea - although blurred - which is probably the correct one to have if you have had a red or two

However, in order to lighten things up I thought I should add this shot of the "chair" that is the mount of our town. Hopefully soon we will get more snow so that the folks that like skiing can take a few runs down its slopes.

There was a terrific moon tonight and tried to take some photos but again digital incompetence took over so am unable to deliver the view. Hopefully it will be suffice to say that it was BIG - almost round and orange in colour. Looked truely amazing with the fjord in the foreground... all it needed to complete the "painted" image was a few streaks of aurora.. but it wasn´t cold enough...


4 comments:

Maja said...

The photo of Tindastoll is fantastic! Is is still so bright there in the day? That's alright.

The way I see it, decorating early means you won't be late in decorating.

Last night I dreamt I bought some more decorations. I just remembered while writing this comment. I'm so excited about decorating this year!

The best way to take non-blurry photos without flash: Put the camera on a timer, put it on a hard surface or tripod, press the button and let the camera go before it takes the photo. Also, just keep trying. Eventually you'll get a non-blurry one.

Northern musings said...

Thanks Maja, I tried with the camera on a rock - but you know what the rocks are like down at the harbour... will need to do some more in the house as the weather gets snowier... apparently we are in for storms for the next few days. Enjoy you course and the time with the Geeze

Maja said...

I'll try!

tsduff said...

love your quote... might have tosterl it. Pics are lovely as well. Makes me more inclined to hope that snowy living might not actually be that bad. I'm a reluctant decorator especially at the moment due to my new Joe Lewis boxing glove...