Pages

Sunday, July 06, 2008

You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt. ~Author Unknown

Well it is finally over. Above is a view of the eastern side of the house and i decided to keep the photos of that side although the real transformation was in the back where i got rid of heaps of trees/shrubs that really just cluttered things up.

this is Hebba - Biggis wife (biggi is on the digger . he´s sort of like Bob the builder... Bob´s name in Icelandic is Biggi...... as an aside he has the nicest blue eyes I have ever seen... he also has the best wife...

So now all the old growth is gone, it was the easiest way to get rid of the weeds and moss - that had constituted my garden till then....

the beginning of the turf laying. the guy with the hands on his hips is Tom the piano player for Heimir the mens choir...

The finished product... the eastern side - before painting

Freyja in her new garden.

me painting...

My new house colours...
I love my new house and my garden.. am so pleased.

5 comments:

Maja said...

Wow that looks great! What a transformation with the red paint. Love the colour.

Does Biggi work in the slaughterhouse during the lamb slaughterseason or is it a different one? Cause he had nice blue eyes, too.

Maja said...

Hey I also love how you've extended the grass right out the front as well. Great move!

Unknown said...

It looks excellent! I am throughly impressed.

Northern musings said...

If the biggi you are talking about is the one that worked at Miðgarð in VArmahlíð then it is not the same one. He is a farmer over in Hegranes has a wife called Hebba and is a good mate of Andres í tungu

tsduff said...

WOW!~ A dream house for sure! My appetite to move has been whetted by your pictures. Fabulous change in color to your house. Whose little tractor? It looks so handy. Good work.