Pages

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart. ~Author Unknown


What an amazing couple of weeks these have been. Mountains, funeral, visitors, berries and to top everything off an engagement. The photos are all in random order, the one above is from last weekends trip up Moldöxa. Walked up there with Ross, Olga, Maggi and ofcourse the dog.
The funeral was for my uncle Friðrik, (married to mum´s eldest sister), I know that Hilmar my brother has lots of fond memories of him and summers spent in Austurhlíð.

Berries, - strawberries from mums garden and blue berries from the hills above town.... and ofcourse cream. There is no dieting in this household at this time of year.

Visitors, - Anja, Michael, their children Claire and Reid as well as Anjas sister Hemma and her husband Stefan. Great people and it was wonderful having them here and getting to show them my Skagafjörður. Above is Michael, Hemma and Claire out the front of Glaumbæ.

The happy couple - my niece Olga and her now fiancé Ross, a truelly special couple - both sooo sweet, kind and gentle - and hey they´re indy rock stars too.... Half of the snowpeople in my house...

and best of all ... for my sister - a picture of the ring - oh so pretty, delicate and old gold, classy and refined like Olga. A good choice Ross.

yeh, I know - a bit out of focus, but aren´t they great!

4 comments:

Maja said...

Oh my god! How cool is that. Totally awesome. Tell them I said congratulations :)

Northern musings said...

He asked her to marry him in Grettirs laug - they rode their on mum and my pushbikes - talk about romantic.

kerrykevill said...

Congratulations Olga and Ross. We, (Ma, Pa, Isabelle and I) are celebrating this fantastic, wonderful news with the best french champagne. Cheers! Absolutely fabulous news. Isabelle and I screeched with excitement at Unnur's text about your romantic proposal. "Bliss amongst the blueberries" Your ring is so beautiful. Well chosen Ross. We wish you love, love and even more of it.... forever.

tsduff said...

Always wonderful things over here at your place! Congratulations to the happy couple - beautiful ring btw.

I am impressed by the beautiful berries - and I know the creme has no calories! :)