Pages

Monday, September 15, 2008

Riding: The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground. ~Author Unknown

In leading news - I have a fence... yes there is finally a real fence between me and the restaurant. I can still see who is out and about dining in the one and only restaurant in town and they too can see me type on the computer... or drink red.. its a win win situation I think.

As there are no photos of me on a horse I have decided to steal one of Olga's - hope she doesn´t mind... and others will have to trust the fact that Yes I was on horseback for at least half of the 8 hours that we were in göngur. The photo below is of Ross, looking all horsemanlike.

Yesterday Maggi proved himself yet again to be the good man that he is and drove us all to Myvatn to show Olga and Ross just a little bit of what else there is on offer in Iceland.

At Goðafoss- twas a tad windy... but I still think this is the nicest waterfall in Iceland - all nice and contained.. with berry fields in close proximity.

Olga and Ross escaping the wind and enjoying the free treats that nature provides in Iceland in the Autumn - however, I think we all agreed that they taste better in Skagafjörður.

After berries what is more pleasurable than having the scent of boiling mud in your nose...... Námaskarð just east of Myvatn... an amazing place.

Need to feel a little steam... and smell a little sulfur?

Then there is grjótagjá... a little pool of water underneath a lava flow... can´t see it on my crappy camera photo - Olga looks good though.. Her photos are a lot better and best to check them on her blog.

On our way to Myvatn and on the way back we ofcourse had to go through Akureyri where currently 4 north atlantic bottle nosed whales have taken residence. We stopped to take photos, but as per my luck they decided not to perform, however, whilst in transit we had a wonderful view of them jumping out of the water and seeming to have a "whale" of a time. No one really knows why they are there, and hey while they´re happy the longer they stay the better.

Olga and Ross are now in Reykjavik and will be off on their big adventure in the UK next weekend. I wish them all the best and look forward to going to London sometime soon to see and hear them play.

Life is good.

4 comments:

Maja said...

Fence looks good!

Northern musings said...

Thanks. Just about everything done now around the house that needs doing - now I need to start doing something about finishing the inside of it....

olga said...

thanks sigga i cant wait to go on our big adventure i think our time in saudarkrokur was awsome fun reykjavik is pretty cool i think we will go out tonight and hopefully go to the blue lagoon some time soon .

it is good to get a different perspective and view of the adventures we had .

Overboard said...

Just popping in to say I've shut down me blog. Evil roar. It was getting too much for me to juggle along with the emotional rollercoaster I'm suffering from right now called love. I'm okay. Just taking a break because there was quite a bit of pressure there to keep blogging for those who had been reading for years and well, I need a break. I'll be reading your blog and commenting still though. You have been warned.