Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

“99 percent of the people you ask about it will profess to hate it, but they all love it really.”

Photo courtesy of the official website... www.eurovision.tv (and it is the Iceland entry... so cool, so blue.. so yeh...)

Ah yes, it´s Eurovision first semi final night or whatever they call it - hence the blogging... am watching this, cringing and feeling that my mind needs to be occupied in some way while my ears listen to the various entries... Ah, like the 99% that profess to hate it - I love it... Our entry this year is Jóhanna or Yohanna as she is spelling it (to ensure that it is pronounced correctly), she´s already done her bit and did pretty well. (well I think so).





"I'm probably going to be calm when I walk to the stage, I always am. I'm not using any particular routines before the performance. Usually, my body becomes very tired, I don't know if it's a way to relax. It was great to get spontaneous applauses from the audience during the rehearsal, I felt it on stage." A quote from the official website from Yohanna



http://www.citebase.org/abstract?id=oai:arXiv.org:physics/0505071
just shows that some people take this extremely seriously - they even do research...
ah what fun... especially listening to our Russian hosts ... but who to vote for...

3 comments:

judith said...

So this must be like America's Got Tallent or American Idol? I don't watch either of those. I don't like the way they show the poor people that can't sing or sing really badly. They make national spectacles of them. It's sad. It's very nerve wracking... I used to try to stay calm when Jolea competed, didn't need to, it was nothing for her to get up there and sing. I don't think she would have let me attend if I was a basket case.

Northern musings said...

Ah Eurovision... forgot you people over there don´t have this. It´s a contest between nation states. Each country in the European TV network (which includes Turkey and Israel) sends an entry. ABBA is the most famous winner ever with Waterloo... Now because the eastern block is no more and they are now a part of Europe there are so many countries involved they now have two pre-heats. 18 countries compete in there and only 10 get through from each one. The final is those 20 (10 from each heat) and the countries that basically pay most (ie Germany, France, UK and probably a few more that I can´t remember) so the final is around 28 countries. Each country then can vote for anyone but themselves, this usually ends up in all sorts of "block/friendship" votes... its kind of ridiculous really - but I am a fan... sad...
Getting back to what you were saying - I don´t like the Idol or talent shows for the same reason as you - mind you I do like to tune into the finals. Oh, a good book to read is "chart throb" by Ben Elton. You will never be able to watch american idol again....

Johanna said...

And she did it !!!! Yohanna gets to compete in the finals - she was REALLY good and the surroundings on stage was beautyful - no half-naked men and women - just Yohanna and 3 co-singers - surrounded by the colors blue and white - it was amazingly beautyful performance :):) Go Iceland....
P.s. But please do not win the competition - we can not afford it - sorry.....