Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2009

I always thought a yard was three feet, then I started mowing the lawn. ~C.E. Cowman


Last weekend was the first mowing weekend of summer, this weekend will be the second mow.... My grass grows far too quickly.
We also used the grill for the first time this year - twice in fact. I love summer in Iceland, the problem is that summer (or rather spring) doesn´t love me - now it is itchy eyes and clogged up nasal passages ah the joy of hay fever. Once I laughed at people with hay fever - now i commiserate.
As you are probably all aware - if not I will tell you - Iceland came in second place at the Eurovision thingy. Yep - so the song from the last post was no 2, whilst in no 1 was the Norwegian entry, "Fairytale" which was written and sung by a lovely young lad with Belarusian origins. He really did deserve to win and he won big time - I think that the points score for Norway was double if not trebble our second place score. It was neck and neck for a while between the 2 to 4 place getters - Azerbajan, Turkey and the UK. twas a good Euro year this year I think.
Mum planted some lillies for me last year and they survived the winter and are blooming



Just so pretty.
Now I know that you are dieing to see the finished product down at the harbour - its great you can walk a fair way to the end of the quay - a bit wobbly - not probably the best place for me to walk at night after a few reds, but so far no falling has occurred.

Isn´t it great... now for some night shots - taken at around eleven pm

So pretty... need I say how much I love this place... well time to put the dog out of her misery and take her for a walk.

7 comments:

judith said...

It seems to be mowing weekend #2 for my neighbors also. Although the rest of us are on weekend #15.... we think maybe he has a mind to make bales of hay.

Maja said...

I'm glad we don't have grass to mow. We used to pay someone to do it when we were renting. We didn't have our own mower.

So cool about the eurovision. I haven't heard the songs yet.

Johanna said...

Okey Sigga min - if you are mowing anyway - can you mow my garden as well - since I am on leave and having fun in Cyprus??? I know the grass will be up to my knees when I get home - and that is the only thing I am "dredding" on my return:) - No just a joke - I will have some fun when I get home - and rip out the grass:):)...
About the Eurovision - Johanna´s song is played all the time on the radio here in Cyprus - I have ONLY once heard the Norveigian - all though I think it was great too - never have I heard the song they gave 12 points - Greece - but they love our song down here - proud to be Icelandic now ;°)....
Looking forward to seeing you next week - maby we can take a walk on the new "tangi"???

Northern musings said...

Hey jóhanna - Það er svo flott veður hér í dag!! Sorry I haven´t mowed your lawn - maybe this weekend as it seems I will be mowing everyweekend this summer if the weather continues like this - and NO I am not complaining... Cyprus just sounds so excellent - so why haven´t you guys been going there every year????

Valdi said...

those lilies sure look like daffodils :)

Summer in iceland looks awesome..... of course i know that.

What's it like in september?

Northern musings said...

September can be good, can be bad, so far it has been ok, why? are you coming for réttir?

Northern musings said...

oh and daffs.. probably they are called páska liljur here ie easter lillies, which could ofcourse be daffodils in English.