Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It doesn't hurt to be optimistic. You can always cry later. ~Lucimar Santos de Lima

No pictures this week, just a run down on what has been happening....


Since New Year we have eaten well, drunk well and basically had a really relaxing time.  For further information see Olga and Vicki´s blogs...


The weather here has been pretty amazing compared with the rest of Europe and the world in general.  Here we are in the plus temps whilst the rest of Europe is wondering how to cope with snow and ice.  Australia on the other hand seems to be having a pretty hot time...  Again, I realise that I picked the right place to live.


Icesave is back on the agenda again ... as usual I won´t be discussing this here - look to icelandweatherreport and elvira's blog that I have given links to on facebook  (www.elvira.blog.is).


I was about to say something about me being a poor host to Vicki, Olga and Ross.... then I realised that they would then comment saying oh no.... so lets just hope that they look at this as a very relaxing holiday - without the umbrellas in the drinks and the warm weather..


Work is good, busy but nice.  Árni is off to Australia and New Zealand to work on a documentary on Icelandic horses in the Southern Hemisphere, an Icelander giving advice to NZ farmers and NZ slaughterhouse workers working in Iceland... Should be good.  Árni is the maker of Kraftur for those who have seen the dvd about the man and his horse.  I must admit that the work that I am doing now is the most diversified that I have ever had... the work itself is basic book keeping but the subject matter of my clients is just so different.  From film maker, small fisherboat man, dairy farmer, sheep farmer, a man with a digger, a block of flats for the elderly to a book about the history of the farms in Skagafjordur...    Such a wonderful variety of folk that I deal with.  I am truly blessed.


Next weekend mum is hosting the family dinner... this time traditional Icelandic winter foods... I promise - there will be photos... ie it's a warning that next weeks content may not be to everyone's liking.



2 comments:

KH said...

Aw, wish I could be there too. I'm glad your job is rewarding, especially after how much you hated Hólar by the end. Say hi to folks for me!

Maja said...

It's hot in Perth, but not that bad compared to Jundee where it was over 40 every day. I've come to the conclusion that any temperature in the 30's is completely bearable. 40's no.

I just washed the car in the sun, the hat was essential, and I wore sunscreen. But it was pleasant enough.