Pages

Monday, August 09, 2010

To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment. ~Jane Austen

The last week has been absolutely amazing - the weather has been so good.  Work was fine, although it was the first week back after holidays, it went by very quickly and I was able to take plenty of time off when I felt like it in order to enjoy the sunshine and all the beauty that the fjord has to offer at this time of year. 


My niece Olga arrived last weekend, flew in from London on Saturday and took the evening bus north.  Olga has a job at my cousin Herdís' cafe and started on Sunday at lunch time.  There is a great picture of her and ma on her blog (if you don´t have it you can get there via the list on the right).  Freyja is really happy with this development as it means that there are two of us taking her for the evening walk.  We went for a bit of longer walk the other night and I managed to get stuck on top of a fence... not a very clever country girl am I.


There was barbed wire - well that was my excuse... Having gotten off the fence, we proceeded along the top of the old coast line,  the town looked so nice and the weather was so balmy (well for Iceland!)


I think that anyone who has ever read my blog in the month of August will know that this is the start of the berry season, so far we have gone at least 5 times and that means we have had berries and cream for dessert on at least 5 different occasions.  We went to Holar on Sunday, to check out the berries there and also to give the Freyjamobile a bit of a spin.  Olga took this photo of mum and the dog while we were driving back from Hólar.


Monday today, and back at work.  The sun was shining and it was so hard to concentrate on the things that needed to be done.  I think that I need a job where I can have the whole of August and September off!  Politics is starting again, will spend all day Wednesday in meetings me thinks, ah well, I guess the relaxation had to end at some stage.


4 comments:

Vicki said...

Is it possible to have too much of a good thing....Freyja and Kristin look like they have overdone it a bit (pic in back of van)...Freyja too much running and frolicking, Kristin too much Berry picking!

judith said...

Balmy... I wish it was here. 103-112 for this week. A friend said she has to remain a good girl because she no knows she would like it in Hell. The motorhome looks like so much fun.

Maja said...

Yup, it's definitely hard to concentrate on work when the sun is shining outside. That is most of the time for me!

Northern musings said...

Thankfully today was overcast so going to work although hard to wake up, wasn´t too bad.... tomorrow will be a meeting filled day - but the bright side one of those meetings is at Glaumbæ!