Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. ~Douglas Adams

 It's spring in Iceland, which means one day it's lovely - a balmy 10°C great walking weather......
 My cousin Runar's wife Eyrún, dropped in and asked if I was interested in going for a walk - given that the weather was amazing and I had been extremely slack I said yes and I must say the dog was very happy...
 Although she tries hard not to show it.
 Saturday was also Árni's birthday and he had invited his closest friends over for dinner - all those friends that have hosted us during the eating of the rotten food time in Iceland (see Þorrablót)
 Three courses were planned - first seafood grill - yummy langoustines, prawns and monkfish, basted with garlic infused olive oil, followed by young foal steaks, really really tender and then my first attempt at Chocolate mousse.
 The weather started to turn nasty last night, very grey skies and rain.

 The birthday boy and Ebba, wife of Bjössi Svavars.
 Ebba and Bjössi
 Árni and Elín (the daughter of Ebba and Bjössi - who came to drive them home)
 Jói á Hrauni relaxing, it was getting rather late - but was a good good night.
 I think that the boys by this time were planning the next cruise.....
 Then this morning, the snow came....
 and stayed.....

Today is mothers day.... and also the birthday of my late grandfather Helgi.... mum made pancakes, so I drove her up to Tunga,  I should have taken some photos as the house up there has had a facelift - new windows and doors, next will be a new bathroom and fixing the cracks in the house.  The plan is that Andres and Ásdís move there in the not too distant future.....  a super good move.  Beta was there with Beta III, sleeping peacefully in her pram (although due to the gale force winds the pram was inside).

My love and hugs go to the mothers out there - you are brilliant!
I could be Christmas - and not the 13th of May!

3 comments:

Maja said...

Arni has a hot tub? Sweet!

Pity about the weather, hopefully it turns good again soon.

I never knew what Beta had named daughter. It kind of had to be Beta, didn't it, as she was born on Beta gamla's birthday.

Vicki said...

It looks like the evening went well, hope the chocolate mousse was a success.

It certainly looks like Christmas this morning and I suspect most have removed their snow tyres. There will no walks for Perla and I today unless the wind drops!

judith said...

Wow, you weather changes as quickly as ours.