Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing. ~Eva Young

Like the way that Freyja is stretching such has been my un-blogginess of the last month or so... Just so much happening, so little time, so much to do and the added fact that I am the slackest person in this area of the universe.
It snowed as I walked the dog last night - the first snow in over a month... however, the big snow hills still exist - especially between my house and mums - it's still an obstacle course.
The town always looks that much nicer with a touch of white.
 Yep the Þorra season is almost over.  The family took it a day early and had a bit of a get together - mainly so that we could give Nicko, Mary, Mum and Unnur a bit of a farewell get together with dad's side of the family.
 Rúrik the latest member here in Iceland was the centre of attention!  A cutie of course!
 Unnur was a brilliant help - as always.  I don't know how I do stuff when she is not here... I am extremely blessed  - love her to bits!
 Ingvi took Mary to check out ambulances in Iceland after this encounter!  love my family...
 Awww - me thinks that these two will make pretty fine parent folk.
 But this guy is the best!
 So nice.
 as I said Rúrik sort of stole the show - as he should - such a good little boy - but then the gene pool that he has is quite a good one.
 Such gorgeous women, again.. am very blessed.

This one in particular is a favourite!

Well, mum has gone so life has changed quite a bit - the old routine is no more... am actually not cooking as much as I used to.  Now am being invited to dinner at the blokes house and at Bjössi skipstjóra.  Freyja is also feeling the difference and is becoming extremely demanding - especially on the nights when we are "at home" - then she takes on the alpha dog role and tells me what to do.  Not good, but then what did I expect - I hardly deserve better for not having trained her better as a pup.  We reap what we sow as they say.

Less than a month now before I go to Aus. Must admit that I am feeling a tad apprehensive, maybe apprehensive isn't the right word.  I always said when I left that it would be at least 10 years before i ever went back now it's 12... the timing is right and I am really looking forward to seeing friends that I haven't seen since I left - but at the same time I have such mixed feelings.  So hard to explain.  Thankfully a lot of my friends and all of my family have been to Iceland since I moved here - so the time since I saw them last isn't as long.  A highlight will be meeting my new grand niece Olivia, a cutie if ever there was one.   It's a big pity that I won't be going to the east coast - but I will save that for the next trip - which hopefully Árni will take with me.

1 comment:

Maja said...

Can't wait to see you, you're gonna love Olivia. Maybe this visit to Oz will allay future anxieties about it :)