Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Home, the spot of earth supremely blest, A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest. Robert Montgomery


Ok so off we went to London. Breakfast at the airport was all important - I had already had my cheerios and súrmjólk, so I figured a corona and a pack of crisps was the right start for a holiday in London...



We had an amazing time, day one was spent at the tower and checking out the ravens - the best thing about the tower really - apart from fish and chips.. I kid ofcourse, but hey...
Nice fish....

The evenings were spent around the kitchen table enjoying the latest in crisp varieties... cajun squirrel, onion bhaji, chili chocolate, builders breakfast, fish and chips, and one more that I can not remember... must have been bad.
We went on the eye... twas well... a good view... but for someone suffering from a fear of heights it was well... I could have lived without it.. Nah, am glad we went up.

Finally managed to catch up with my most dearest childhood friend Dom and his wife Yanira, the nicest people a person could ever have the honour of calling a friend.. and the best thing is - nothing changes that.

The British museum was also on the list of things that should be done... and what is better than a case full of cat gods.

My beautiful niece Olga... a great host and a wonderful human being!!

The ancient house in Walthamstow.. a great name for a great house, which unfortunately is no longer a pub, nevertheless we managed to find a few others.

This was the Freehouse, which had a fine selection of ales and quiz nights each week where you could (if smart enough) win 250 GBP... worth a trip back me thinks.

Then we found another place that had pie... hmmm meat pie... also has karaoke and bbq... and also a good selection of ales and a great loo.

but all good things must come to an end and now I am home sweet home and happy again.. (not that I wasn´t happy before) but hey it is always good to be home.

3 comments:

judith said...

I'm having a Corona right now! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

olga said...

HOISIN DUCK! It's not as good as the squirrel.

I'm glad you had fun, you must be happy to be back in your own bed, though :)

Also, karaoke + BBQ = awesome.
x

Northern musings said...

Good, so you went to the bbq.. well done. I knew the other one was some sort of bird - thought it was a chickeny thingy.. Guðny couldn´t remember either... Your mum called tonight.. told her not to purchase anything until you got into a panic....
love you