Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Second Roundup


Just some proof, this is as we were riding back to the farm. We started out sometime after 6am this morning and came back to the farm at around 3pm. I still can´t find my camera so no shots this year from the valley that we clear, one day I intend to walk back up into the valley just so that I can appreciate it properly. Usually during round up you are too busy trying to concentrate on staying in the saddle, finding and chasing sheep and generally keeping the adrenalin level up so that you just don´t sit down on the nearest hillock and cry from tiredness.

Guðný took this photo and a heap of others that I am going to put on my flickr. I think that my family in Aus will enjoy trying to spot which folks they know. A lot of these photos are from last weeks sheep sorting session

In other news the jogging group is having its annual get together, this means all the skeletons in town get totally wacked, unfortunately I am in no state to stay up and watch the revelry. In Icelandic the group is called "skok hópurinn" skok = jog hópurinn = group.... The oldies in town call it the fock hóp - you get my jist. (and by oldies I mean 70+). Probably after tonight there will be a number of marriages/relationships being "swapped".

Tomorrow I am going back to the farm to help my uncle and my cousin weigh the lambs that are going to be sent to slaughter. It's the circle of life I guess, and I do love my lamb roast.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Hey Sigga I bet you are a bit sore today, but you did look impressive on the horse. Guðný's photos are great...I even recognised a few people. I have to say the sheep are very good looking.

Northern musings said...

Thanks Vicki, yes am a tad sore today, however it helped to get up early and go back up to the farm, the walks with the dog today helped as well. (also the long soak in the bath yesterday did wonders).