Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Volcano: A mountain with hiccups

Southerly winds today meant that some of the ash from the eruption headed north.  According to some reports there was some ashfall in Varmahlið - just 20mins from S´krók.
There was a lot of cloud cover tonight and there was also quite a bit of rainfall here today.  The temp during tonights walk was 12°C which made for a pleasant long walk with Freyja to make up for todays meeting madness.


I think I have mentioned this before - the light here at 11pm is just so amazing.



During the walk I noticed that someone has donated 2 pairs of skis to the red cross.  Anyone need any skis?

5 comments:

Margarita Mirasol said...

Beautiful photos. I'm gonna put one of those Red Cros boxes on my deck.

Margarita Mirasol said...

s

olga said...

Oooh skis!

On second thoughts, no. How's my hoarding skills, trying to collect random stuff all the way from over here?

Hope you guys don't get too ashy, and I'm glad Freyja can free you from meeting madness!
xx

Vicki said...

Looks lovely and I am missing it...reminds me of my walks with Freyja!

Maja said...

I believe we are enjoying similar weather in Perth. Except for ash, of course..

Haha olga, nice restraint!