Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. ~Don Marquis

Well, I have been rather slack with this old blog of mine.  Not because there is nothing happening.  More like there is soooo much happening.


Now my cousins Jóhanna and Guðný are almost reaching Australian shores.  The last I heard from Jóhanna was that they were experiencing 40 degrees C and wet weather in Singapore...  do I envy them... no sorry, not at all...  But, I am so glad that they are better travelers than I.  I know that they will have a wonderful time with my siblings in Aus... I would be there in a heart beat - if I could travel in the time that it takes the heart to beat.  Slack... yep, that is the main thread in this blog.


I even can't be bothered uploading any photos - probably because I haven't taken any... again another sign of slackness on my part.


Olga and Vicki have both posted on the horse feast of last weekend so I won't go on too much about that, only to say that it improves with every year and will be a part of my annual social calendar for as long as the horse feast is being faired.  


Work is getting more relaxing - so now it is time to do the fiddly bits, reconciliations and all that stuff - including writing to the tax office about things that aren't clear or not correctly reported in the past - you know the stuff that you put off till you have time - now I have it so no more procrastination there... 


Politics is fun, yep - not an oxymoron.  I was at a conference of local councils discussing things financial last weekend - it was quite interesting - but the thing that hit me the most was the fact that there were over 300 people there from local councils throughout the country and I thought - hmmmm could this be a very top heavy management system thing going on.  Shouldn't perhaps the first economical rationing thing be the coalition of councils... the most obvious being on the south west corner - ie the greater Reykjavik area where there are 5 different councils that could quite easily be one major capital city... Then here in the North there are opportunities for more consolidation of resources and administration.  It will no doubt all happen in the next few decades, but perhaps it is time to get things moving a little quicker.


Vicki is here and will be placing an offer on the post office AGAIN, lets see if the powers that be will actually be receptive this time....  Olga and Ross have a job at the fish factory.. not the most glamorous of jobs, but a decent place to work,  things will be fine for them.  It will take time, but it will at least be a start. 


What a dull and boring post this has been.   Freyja dog has gone to bed so I think I should probably join her.  She is not too happy with me at the moment either - it's been quite a while since we have gone for a long walk.  I don't feel all that guilty though as I know that Vicki, Olga, Ross and ma have been doing a fine job for me.  


In other news, it's getting darker sooner every day - time to get mums van ready for the winter - the first frosts were last night so we need to empty the water and do other stuff... probably would be good to find a home for it for the winter.....


With the first frosts come the northern lights so I will give you a link to a photographer that has taken some wonderful shots of the northern lights just east of here.


http://www.parrikar.com/blog/

enjoy

1 comment:

Maja said...

It's good to read a post from you :)