Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather. ~John Ruskin

Yes there is definitely a change in the weather coming -  



Wind in Iceland is measured by metres per second... those dark purple colours are 22-24 metres per second... In Aus it would be cyclone weather.  The forecast has actually toned down a lot over the last 24 hours, on Thursday the forecast said that Saturday was not a day for travelling - as a result a lot of things planned for this weekend have been cancelled.  I chickened out of driving south to Borganes today - worried that I would end in difficulties on the mountain pass home.  I am not the most confident of drivers in the snow.  In hindsight I could have gone  - bet then I would only just be getting home now.. So I am glad I didn't go.

In other news am transferring some photos to flickr, none recent recent, as the batteries in my camera seem to last about 5 seconds... so I have "borrowed" a charger from work and will be more "green" in my picture taking.

We have had an amazing autumn so far which even included a walk on the beach - barefoot..

I will also upload some photos from when Unnur and I went with the cousins to Akureyri - what a great weekend that was!


I am not sure about this photo - I think that we are all looking a tad strange.... 

Will leave this for now....





2 comments:

judith said...

==== the kitten just typed that. I love reading about your weather. Y'all don't look strange in the picture, you are all color coordinated though.

Northern musings said...

I know - you can tell that this seasons colours are black (well it's always black) mixed with a touch of red... Well, todays storm was a bit of a fizzer - I reckon they are better at missing the really bad ones and only forecast the semi breezy ones. Still it was a good day for baking..