Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

At Christmas, all roads lead home. ~Marjorie Holmes

 Yep, I baked bread.... boy am I getting domesticated in my old age.  We had a bit of a "lobster" well langoustine feast the other night - soup followed by a cream cheese concoction with langoustine tails.  Have worked out how to make it better  - so all is not lost and the left over bread was used the next night for bruscceta - so badly spelled  - apologies to all italian speakers or lovers of that language...  
 My niece Olga said the most appropriate thing on her blog the other day (she always does - she has a gift that I don't - ie one for language and it's correct use)... We are living in a Christmas card... This was taken tonight after my walk with Freyja... and as you can see - all roads in this neck of the woods lead home - to my place... where if you are lucky you will get langoustine soup with home made bread...
All are welcome - at any time.

4 comments:

judith said...

I agree with your niece. Your house looks like a gingerbread house in this picture. So warm and inviting.

judith said...

BTW... it was 85 degrees here today... just lovely. Welcome to winter in Texas. Give it time, it'll change.

Maja said...

Oooo what a lovely template!

Mmm there's nothing like freshly baked bread! We have a breadmaking machine but rarely use it. Always mean to! But it's the 3-4 hour wait that gets me.

So snowy and christmassy there! Complete opposite here, it's going to be about 40 degrees and sunny.

northern musings said...

hope you and Jason have a lovely christmas at Jundee Maja. Will be thinking of you! If my house was gingerbread then the mice would certainly be having a good Christmas.. It was minus 20 last night (celcius) and looks like it will remain cold - over Christmas - love it.