Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love! ~Hamilton Wright Mabie

 This one is a tad strange - can't quite figure out what the big light is below the moon... unless it was a flake of snow.. The full moon was amazing here, and to add to it all there was also an eclipse of the moon - we missed it as it was cloudy and snowy here.. Still - full moons are the best.
 In my cousins shop you get the old mixed with the new... the latest thing available is a wallet that allows you to choose which card to use with which occasion with the press of a button - very smart... but I think I like the old fellows to the right more.
 My wonderful niece doing the final touches to her first ever complex knitting project - a jumper for Ross...  Amazingly well done ofcourse..
 Christmas eve and we went up to the cemetery to lay wreaths on the graves.  Twas very busy up there - the weather was ideal.  No wind and not that cold.  It really is a beautiful and peaceful place to be.
 Mum went and visited the "old" people that she reads to up at the hospital, I used the opportunity to walk the dog and take a few snaps.  Such a nice day.
Overly cute couple....
Ross, can I get you to move a little to the left so you can be in the photo..... Sure Sigga....

 So - do I have a neck????

 Well, obviously not in this jumper - but it is soooo nice... Mum knitted me a new lopa peysa.. and I love it !!!!  Must do something about the dress....
 Ross was showing that he was a mans man or something like that (no .... I just caught him with his shirt off - as you do on Christmas eve...)
 We are all relaxed and happy - twas a very pleasant Christmas.
 Tonight on Christmas day night mums cat checking out the action on the main street...
 Freyja wanting to further inspect the new dog in the neighborhood.
Home again.....

3 comments:

Maja said...

Nice jumper! Snotra is starting to show her age!

Looked like a nice relaxing Christmas, I don't know what it is, Christmas feels a bit casual this year, yet still special. More about good times with people you love than anything else.

Love you, merry second day of Christmas. Do you think I've done any work today? Hehe

olga said...

Ah yes, that jumper is lovely... Maybe the next jumper I knit will be a lopi with an awesome pattern, but I'm not planning anything complex for a while...

Yeah, it was such a relaxed and happy Christmas - no dramas, no hassles, just lovely food and lovely people!
Thanks for having us, Sigga!

Maja, glad to hear yours was good, too - I think I want all my Christmases to be casual from now on...
xx

northern musings said...

Stress free Christmas is the only way to go. Enjoy good food and good wine and the company of good people or better said enjoy food that you love drink the drinks that you love with the people that you love the most.
I am very pleased with my jumper, poor mum - she spoils me. Yes and Snotra is getting older... still the queen cat in the old part of town.
Olga - thank you for making Christmas so relaxing and enjoyable.