Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

How do people make it through life without a sister? ~Sara Corpening

Just a few left over photos from Christmas - you see it's all been taken down... BIG sadface...  (I tell a lie - I have left the lights up - they will come down when it is still light outside when I am eating dinner)

 There was a bit of snow here last week (or was it the week before... time is flying far too fast)
 Had a great lazy weekend with my wonderful big sister and my cousin Jóhanna.  We spent it at a chalet in the middle of the fjord (near Varmahlíð - for those with maps and in the know) This was dinner on Saturday night, Jóhanna cooked stuffed chicken breasts with potatoes - the night before I cooked pasta in a pepper cream sauce)
 Unnur and Jóhanna both knit - I have as yet resisted this past time - I know that one day I will pick up the needles - but I am trying very hard not to get hooked into this - every woman around me at the moment does not leave the house without wool and needles..... The other thing that was done on the weekend (apart from eat and sleep) was to do a 1000 piece jigsaw - a past time I have never understood - but guess what I was doing late on Saturday afternoon......
 This is the house we had for the weekend - extremely nice, warm and well decked out - complete with hot pot that none of us could be bothered sorting out - next time..... Oh and it's super cheap too through my local union... Check out the blue sky!
 Tonight, when we got back to S'krók it was time to go to my cousins daughters - Þórdís' place for a family gathering - yummy mexican chicken soup!
 The cousins children's children.  A lovely bunch of kids they are...
This is one super great family.
This time next week my sister will be panicking about her forthcoming trip back to Aus.  She leaves monday week.  I will really really really miss her - we have had the best of times... Still, it won't be long before she is back again - with her lovely husband Thor!  Then Olga will be having the little boy that she and Ross will be the very very proud parents of!  Can't wait.... I get to be a great aunt literally and figuratively (well, I hope they will allow me to spoil the child and make the child wild.... - perhaps I should not be mentioning this at this early stage in its' development... hmm... or perhaps I will be too old to do too much damage....)

6 comments:

Unnur said...

Gee Sigga, this is a great blog. Thanks for a great weekend and a super time in Sauðárkrókur. I´ll miss you but will hang in there until spring. Maybe we´ll knit some when we get together then. love you lots and lots.

Johanna said...

This was a great weekend - thanks a lot you guys - you are awsome...
And yes - there is a knitting-weekend in Longumyri this spring - maby we should all go - Sigga - if you still dont want to knit - you just sit and read to us all - that would be nice;°).... love you both...

judith said...

That looked like a great weekend and I don't know what people do that don't have a sister (or a brother.) I'm going to my sister's house this coming weekend. I'm so glad my kid's have a sibling.

olga said...

Spoil the child and make the child wild? Be my guest, and don't worry, I still have faith in your ability to 'do damage' as you put it :)

Yes, it will be sad when Mum leaves, but I think this year will get busy again before we know it!
love you!
x

Maja said...

Wow, it seemed like Unnur only just left for Iceland! Time sure does fly. And yes, the baby will be coming out before we know it!

northern musings said...

Thanks guys....