Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler

Shortly after the last post I decided to go for a walk (ie an hour later), I was so wound up - as all could gather... I couldn't sleep and it was solstice night... so for the first time in my life I decided to check out the midnight sun on the fjord.  I was not disappointed.... I will let the photos tell the tale..



















 My wonderful nephew Dorian Magnús Jónsson youngest son of Hilmar has been here in the last week with his adorable wife Jacqueline.  We had a bit of a family get together... so good.
Tonight was the start of lummudagar... our towns little festival... so at least for the next couple of days there will be nice positive posts.... 


And also, to be fair... I got an apology for what happened at the last council meeting.  Am a forgiving sort so accepted the apology... but now I need to put on my emotional armor, learn to be tough and give as good as I get... but not lower myself to their standards.  Think before you speak, words once spoken can never be taken back.

2 comments:

judith said...

The pictures of sunset/sunrise are awesome! Thanks for posting them. I think witnessing something like that would be one of those "bucket list" kind of things.

olga said...

Awesome pictures, you can´t tell how cold it is. Or maybe it´s calmer than during the day. The family dinner was great. thank you!!!!