Pages

Monday, June 06, 2011

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

 So Saturday Sauðárkrókur celebrated the day of the men of the sea.  I refuse to call it seamans' day.... Anywho, it meant I actually got out of bed before midday and went with Vicki and Unnur on the boat trip on the fjord.  Now this is not just any boat but one of the big trawlers belonging to Fish Seafood, the weather was great... well it was a little windy and a tad cold... but it was photo worthy..
 Unnur looking windswept at the fore of the boat.... with Tindastóll in the background... lots of people came - a lot of kids and every now and then my heart would drop as I saw a small child hanging in, over or under the railings.... no one else seemed worried.
 See, lovely weather - do I look cold... well you can't see my fingers which by this stage had no feelings left in them...
 How gorgeous is that!???  You can tell that I love it here, that I love this fjord and I love this life...   Happy pills... who needs them?
 Vicki, another, who appreciates this fjord and all it has to offer.  Looking very relaxed...
 In other news there is still no sign of Henry's appearance in the real world, as I told Olga, he is enjoying himself too much in his current place of residence... not to worry, he will make his presence felt very soon.  Olga looks so good!
And here is the amma to be - my sister - my best friend.  So good having her here and see how content she looks....or is that a look of boredom?....


In other news... I mowed the lawn on Saturday.... it rained on Sunday so Unnur and I went through some of the stuff at mums and did a run to the tip/recycling and red cross.... We were very happy with the results of the day... and then we checked out the new restaurant in town... Asian.. sort of ... very nice... just so good to have a bit of variety - hopefully they will prosper and continue to provide us with another restaurant option.

2 comments:

judith said...

It's so pretty there! You look great! Love the sweater you're wearing. It amazes me that your fingers are freezing and mine are swelling from the heat. We are hitting close to if not at 100 all this week. I guess I love my hot climate like you love your cold.

Maja said...

Good times :)