Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort. ~Jane Austen

No photos this week, took the camera out on Saturday but the batteries were flat.  So you just have to believe me when I tell you that the weather was absolutely amazing.  Our first summerlike day.  The first of many I hope, but knowing Iceland, there will probably be a few winter storms before the sun stops setting.

Had an interesting weekend, probably too action packed for a woman of my age...(joke), late nights, probably too much red wine (no that is an oxymoron... never too much red),  an informal meeting of the cultural committee, grilling meat two nights in a row, lots and lots of lamb and then church and a visit to my uncles farm.  Yep, a classic good weekend was had.

Work is busy, but I am too too slack, need to get my act together or I will be in a frenzy in a few weeks time..... I really need to find my conscientious gene - I know I had one once....

My dear niece is facing Australian bureaucracy at it's worst...  it reminded me of some of the reasons I left that lovely country in the first place.  The bureaucracy here is heading in the same direction, which is a bit of a worry.  But, we have to look at the bright side - there is one..... yep, Copenhagen - it's lovely (I think that that is their town motto as well), the danes are ok and I think Vicki is going with her - which is good, otherwise I think that I would have had to find an excuse to go with her myself.  

Mum is good, old but good.  She boiled salted horse meat for me for dinner tonight.  (My sister is drooling, I know),  it's not my favourite food, but it's ok.... as I am at a meeting tomorrow after work she said we could have pizza!  Sometimes mum just says the right thing!  (She isn't a huge pizza fan), but sometimes you just have to have a fast food (and not cooked by me) fix.

Boring boring boring.... but hey, life is not always trips away, sometimes - well most of the time - it's best to be at home!

love to you all.... especially all my fishy friends that are having birthdays....

3 comments:

judith said...

Boiled horse or pizza? Let me ask the hubby that question and I'll get back to you. We got up around 80F today... Come on Summer!!!

Maja said...

Pizza rocks :)

Northern musings said...

boiled horse is ok... but yep Maja Pizza rocks. have changed sorts - now we order - ef þú þorir - if you dare - with jalapeno and pepperoni.