Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather. ~John Ruskin

This has been a busy week or two.  The biggest news in my life is that I am now the owner of a new fridge, this is the old fridge - it was a good fridge and is still functioning and will go to a good home...  The fridge was forced to go as I got offered a new one for a good price, downside, the new fridge has no freezer - upside... mum has both a chest freezer and a very good fridge with freezer.... we can share.
 Goodbye old fridge and thank you!
The weather has been very strange, spring is springing but winter won't let go.
 I once did a photo blog of my trip to work when I was at Hólar.... this is now my trip to work, taken from outside mum's (house next to mine) looking down the street that I walk every day.  My office is in the green building on the left at the end of the street.
 Looking back to mum's and Ólafshús
 the only road that I need to cross.
 The view from my desk - not bad hey! I will update this photo as progress is made on our new small boat harbour which will be where that grey shack is at the moment.

 Then it snowed.

 Last night Orri came over - he lives across the road from mum (guy on the right), we have been talking about setting up a district group for the old town - to pressure the council (me) into doing stuff for the old town.... We went on a walk around to check out what is going to be done, what should be done and trying to prioritise.  We dropped by my second cousins house (Rúna - on the left) and also to see their cellar.... so nice - they have done so much work and it is just the greatest, I would love to own this house - especially now that they have done all this work!

 Then it started to snow, this was taken just after lunch as the snow was starting to melt away.  I went with Árni to check on his dad's sheep, one ewe had lambed the other day, so we went to check on the rest to see if any other new lambs had arrived - none had thankfully.

 As you can see it was really foggy too.
 Aren't they just beautiful.... Sheep are great.
 So are horses...
 Driving back to town the fog had lifted, but you could still see it over the middle of the fjord and then the mountains to the east towering over the remains.
 Freyja was pissed off - she didn't get to go to the farm... but I did let her stay outside in the sunshine!

Oh... and here's my new fridge.

4 comments:

Unnur said...

Fantastic blog, beautiful photos. The fridge looks good. Is it full yet? I love the lamb with her mum. No Henry photos this time but I forgive you. Lots of love.

Unnur said...

Fantastic blog, beautiful photos. The fridge looks good. Is it full yet? I love the lamb with her mum. No Henry photos this time but I forgive you. Lots of love.

Maja said...

The new fridge looks huge!

Have you really got three bbq's or are the neighbours bbq's there too?

There's usually at least one snowfall in April, isn't there?

We are finally getting some cooler weather here, temperatures in the mid twenties, but it's still shorts and t-shirt weather.

Anonymous said...

Diggin' the new fridge. The baby sheep and horses were adorable! and Freyja, beautiful as always. I had a chance to meet 2 Afghan hounds the other day, very beautiful.