Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

There aren't enough days in the weekend. ~Rod Schmidt

 It's blurry and should probably be deleted.... but my nephew is cute whether blurry or not... I think that this was his "oh my God, my first myspace photo... - face palm"
 He and his dad turned out not as blurry..... very cool persona in S'krok
 This is a thought for an ad for Gæðingur Öl, the local brew... even Henry wants to have a hand in it.
 Eating graut... fruit compot.  Henry liked it - Amma liked that he liked it.....
 The weekend was spent on and off at the local business show.  A place for all the local businesses to showcase what they do... Basically it was a good excuse for a chat with people you sort of know but don't meet on a daily basis, my company had a small corner, where we offered a taste of bread made from local wheat and barley.  The bread was made from wheat and barley from my cousins farm.  We also had a few mink skins to show people...  those minks skins that you see there... worth a bundle (and I mean a bundle)
Rosa and Svanhildur at the booth for local tourism
My cousin Herdis was promoting her café at Áskaffi.... here she is discussing things with a local member of parliament..... She is a total hero... baked pancakes in situ the whole weekend!

In other news I went to a mini concert thingy at Mælifell on Thursday night with a band doing Leonard Cohen covers... I was sort of in a mixed mood about going to see a cover band, they can really be really bad, but, I was pleasantly surprised.  What I wasn't happy about was the lack of people attending..... a band of six played for an audience of 5.... kinda sad.  But they were fine, it was nice to get a bit of Leonard back into ones life.

Friday night was another mini concert thingy at Mælifell, this time locals - Contalgen Funeral, and this time there was a far better attendance - 69 is what I am told.   They were quite entertaining... the evening moved on to the bar across the road... then an after party at my place... not the best thing to do when one needs to get up the next day...

Saturday night, after my stint at the business show, was good, I had dinner cooked for me...( mum was on a trip with the choir).  Foal steak, twas very good, especially since I didn't have to cook it myself.  It really is nice to be spoiled.... and I was.

Today I took mum to the show, where she met up with her sisters and they all went up to Tunga together to visit their brother.  I did my stint there and took the stuff back to the office with the help of the amazing Brynja... I really need to do a post about Brynja... an amazing human being.

Freyja obviously was a tad pissed off with my absence this weekend... All was made good when I took her for a walk tonight and we met Nina and Kristinn on the beach...

Oh people, it's amazing that I am feeling so happy about life when I know that I am soo sooo soooo far behind at work.  Nah, am sure all will be well in the work front - it usually is.  I trust that life is being as good to you as it is to me.....



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely post! Glad Freyja is happy again after her walk and that all is going splendidly for you. Speaking of Leonard Cohen, check out the cover of "Dance Me To The End Of Love" by The Civil Wars, I think you'll enjoy it.

Maja said...

Mmm graut. Love that stuff.

Work will always be there tomorrow, that's what I figure. Having fun and getting sleep is more important!

The lack of people to see the Leonard Cohen coverband reminds me of the lay low gig. S'krokur just doesn't seem to make the effort when there is quality music to see. Such a shame.

I recognised those mink skins before I read that's what they were. Such soft fur, but such gross animals (the smell!)... I could never wear mink skin.

northern musings said...

Thanks Glenna and Maja, am listening to your recommendation as I write this Glenna - and yes they are very very good. True about the minks Maja, gorgeous fur, and beautiful animals but the smell is pretty well the worst I have ever experienced.