Pages

Sunday, September 02, 2007

"A collie has the brain of a man, and the ways of a woman."



This was not the only dog I saw in Scotland but it was the first one I saw!

Have just returned from 9 days away from Freyja - I don´t know who is feeling worse about me being away - I think that it may be me...

Still had a great time. Saw heaps - but not enough! A beautiful country with lots and lots of places where you can lose yourself completely.. Am now seriously thinking about buying a crofters cottage in some forgotten glen and lose myself completely. However, it will have to wait..
The house we were in "the old school house" was perfect. Such a great warm and welcoming house - with three bathrooms. Which is what you need when there are eight of you. Also, the best bit, it had an amazing kitchen. And as I was the cook for the week I had a wonderful time, I am now thinking seriously of turning my whole house into one big kitchen. Forget sofas and making people feel comfortable. After shelter comes food (maslov???) So I figure a house with a kitchen and a bedroom is really all that man needs.

Will post more on Scotland soon

3 comments:

Maja said...

Sounds great! Freyja must have been spewing. Lots of bathrooms are great. I'm very glad to have two bathrooms in my tiny house. Can't wait to hear more.

shoopska said...

Where were you in Scotland exactly Sigga? Somewhere in the Highlands I guess from the pic there. It's just gorgeous eh, such beautiful colours.

Northern musings said...

Hey Maja, update on the trip in an email from mum...
Hey Gosia - would you believe the receptionist at the hotel in Glasgow goes by the same name.... (nah figured it wouldn´t surprise you - it did however surprise Narelle when I told her that the receptionist was undoubtably of Polish origin). Scotland was beautiful.. so much green and purple and grey.... Lots of water - even more than here I think.
later
Sheep round up this weekend - if I survive I will try and post