Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and fire. ~Sharon Ralls Lemon



I worked a 10 hour day today - the first in the new job. This is only cos its VAT time, deadline on Monday and I am totally not sure I am doing things right.... need tomorrow just to make sure that I haven´t stuffed up completely. After that I start doing tax returns... I hate tax returns - I don´t even do my own.. Oh well, now is the time.

So as all of Freyjas other walks today were fairly short I decided to treat her with a walk up the hill and around the paddocks. As it was still light - sunset isn´t until sometime between 6 and 7 now and the sun is actually on its way up when I walk to work at 8am. Won´t be long before we have no night at all... I can´t wait.
I am always a little concerned taking Freyja up there as I know that there is nothing more in the world than she would like to do than run and chase animals - especially horses. So I was mean and kept her on a lead the whole time.
Ofcourse we met some horses in a paddock and Freyja took delight in barking like a mad dog... the horses didn´t seem too concerned - they took off - then came back - took off again etc. I tried to video this but the quality is crap - they should be in my flickr in case you are interested.

I took the opportunity to take some photos of the town and the developments at the wharf. It´s starting to look quite good and hopefully, the town council will take on board the information from the town meeting about setting up an outdoor rec area around the new quay - one idea is for the little sail boats to have a facility there - should be nice.




And as we came back down the hill the sun had all but gone behind the mountains.



5 comments:

Margarita Mirasol said...

Beautiful photos. Especially without sheep heads in them.
;)

Maja said...

I don't think it's mean to keep your pet on a leash if you know she's going to do a runner. I can't believe the sun is up so long already! It looks so pretty all covered in snow :)

Valdi said...

Seems a distaste for tax returns runs in the family.... i'm two years behind but really must do mine soon so i can get $900 from the government for earning less than $100k a year :)

judith said...

I don't know of anyone who enjoys tax time.

The pictures are beautiful. It looks so cold there. I love the view of the town from above.

Maja said...

I do both mine and Jason's taxes, it's pretty easy with e-tax, but we don't have many deductions.