Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Family, baby birds and painting windows

My nephew Kristinn has arrived from Australia, it´s really great having him here and as he is an avid photographer - it is great that the weather is performing - although the wind could turn itself off...

Am currently painting the window that was installed last week, will post photos once I have completed the job, two coats so far - but I think that a third will do the trick.

Also, I found a baby duck down near the foreshore, far away from the rocks and no parent birds in sight, I wasn´t sure what to do so brought it home. Mum then promptly sent me back to the foreshore with it - know that it would be doubtful that we could keep it alive and that it would have a better chance of survival with other ducks
Then we received a visitor from Canada, we share the same great grandmother, so there was a bit of a family gathering with her - Svava, her husband Gerry, my first cousin Sirrí her mum (mum´s sister - Maja) and another cousin that also shares the same great grandmother and lives here in the fjord - her name is Sirrí also (Sirrí like Sigga is a diminutive of Sigríður - our common great grandmother was also called Sigríður - Sigríður is a very common name!!) and Sirrís husband Jón.
Svava, mum and Jón - Sirrís husband

Maja, Sirrí, Gerry and Maggi

Jón and Sirrí. We had a great meal of salmon fillets, baked in the oven with a majones, dijon mustard, dill sauce thingy... yumm.

3 comments:

judith said...

Ok, what's a majone? Love anything with dill in it.

Northern musings said...

sorry mayonnaise - you know the white stuff... sometimes my english gets messed up with Icelandic spelling

judith said...

that's quiet all right, I love learning about unknown foods and the names of foods I do know, in other language.