Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

More family

Today we were at my cousin Jóhannas daughter's place celebrating her graduation yesterday. She is now a proud bearer of the title Bachelor of Science in Business... Well done Steina! I really admire her as she has two kids and a full time job at Delloite and has been doing this degree part time for what I think she believes has been forever! Ofcourse delicious foods were to be had and as a bonus I created a decorating committee for the upcoming wedding, Steina, Þórdís and Guðný will be responsible for the decor at Mælifell for the coffee and cake reception - all very traditional with a nature theme, ie lots of Icelandic wild stuff... No major flower arrangements with imported roses and the like, just the farmers rose from ma´s garden, violets, daisies and mosses, birch and other nice things from nature. I love my family - always ready to pitch in!


This is the crowd enjoying the sunshine - pity there was a bit of a north wind.
Lots of young cousins - all boys, except ofcourse Victoria!

Nothing like a bit of tractor action.

2 comments:

judith said...

All those boys... no little girls? The flower arrangements sound beautiful.

olga said...

Yay! So grateful to have lovely family like that! I definitely like the idea of wildflowers...
So much sun and lovelieness - can't wait to get there!
x