Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Every tooth in a man's head is more valuable than a diamond. ~Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote, 1605

For some reason this picture of Freyja has decided to be on it´s side - what can I do.... She is happy even if she is sideways to reality

Went for a drive the other day and picked Guðný up on the way and went to the statue of Jón Ósmann - the ferry man.
As you can see mum is very impressed by the statue, the bloke for whom the statue commemorates was an important person to communications in our fjord, he was at the base of the river that flows on the western side of the fjord and helped folk across on his ferry, both people, horses and goods, a vital link within the area of Skagafjordur.
This is probably the most impressive statue I have seen, it seems to capture the character of the man so well, there he is with the trout that he fished from the river mouth, looking towards Sauðárkrók for potential passengers...
the view that he has is really rather nice, am amazed that no one has asked for a building permit on the site. Mum is actually checking out the berries.
My "girls" my best friends in Sauðárkrók, Guðný, mum and Freyja - see how they all seem to be deep in thought about something....
Night walks have started again, night being that the sun is receeding, and so now on our later walk there is no longer a midnight sun to light our way. Still it is so nice, especially during the last couple of days there has been no north wind and so tranquility base is here.
this is the new "yacht" the sailing club has purchased - or rather some members of the club (me not included - but hopefully I will benefit and be able to get a few lessons...)
and ah yes ... the header to this post.... my front crown fell out on Saturday afternoon... not a pleasant experience.... but this means that all my dilly dallying about finding a dentist (choosing a dentist - there are three in the town and I HATE dentists.. came to an end. Thankfully one of the three was available before I broke down completely (was thinking of lying in bed under my doona until judgement day). So by 7pm tooth was back in place, however, I think that it would be a type of courage building, self awareness, self worth excercise in publishing photo of self without crown.... it is really quite off. So fore-warned is fore-armed this is not a pretty sight...






6 comments:

Northern musings said...

I could have at least washed my hair - talk about trailer trash......

judith said...

LOL, you are such a nut. You don't even look like trailer trash, they only have one tooth, you have a whole mouth full. Hey, go turn your picture in the file in you computer then when you post it, it will be turned the right way. I have to turn all of mine if I turn my camera when I take the picture.

Johanna said...

Sigga min - always keep a superglue in your purse og pocket -that is what I do - because one of my ... (now I do not remember the name in english - talking about needing more memory!!) - is always falling out... I just pick it up - put a drop of superglue on it - and up it goes again - for a few weeks anyway ;°).... Hate going to a dentist too !!!....

Gunnsa gamla said...

Sigga mín - ég er stoltur treiler eigandi í Jóvill þú mátt flytja til mín. Ótrúlega heillandi að það sé míní tönn inní hinni tönninni - þú ert margra laga persónuleiki!!!

northern musings said...

Thanks guys, I am just glad that I hadn´t gone horse riding (was a possibility), I definitely wouldn´t have had a chance of getting any dentistry in wilds of Skagafjorður. So superglue (non poisenous) will now be kept close by at all times. I tried to rotate the picture and it saved in the right direction but each time I uploaded it here it went back to sideways... whatever... she is still cute

Maja said...

I think you look cute :)