Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother's love is not. ~James Joyce

I just wanted to call attention to the really nice blog post Olga did about mum. It´s her 82nd birthday today - and I forgot ofcourse - until she told me that my sister and aunt had both called her this morning....

In other news, my nephew Maggi had the big family dinner bash today - we had lovely chicken breasts with sundried tomato cream cheese filling wrapped in bacon, very nice. The weather has finally taken a turn for the better, I tell you people were going mad (literally) with the rain and crappy weather that we have been having recently. This meant that ma could go berry picking both yesterday and today. She is now on her way to Rvk for a few medical appointments (eye doc and accupuncture). Am ofcourse going to miss her dearly -but Freyja is probably going to miss her more.


4 comments:

Vicki said...

Yes Sigga a lovely post by Olga and absolutely well deserved praise for Amma, please give Christine my very best wishes and I hope all is well with the trip to RVK. I hope to see you all again soon...xmas is looking very promising.
X Vicki.

northern musings said...

Look forward to seeing you at Christmas... I spoke to Olga yesterday and she is like "what is going on..." was very pleased that you were thinking of coming over.
Mum goes to the accupuncturist tomorrow, and the eye doctor on thursday.. probably what she needs. Otherwise she would be up in the hills picking berries.....

judith said...

Happy B'day to your Mom, that's great that she gets out and picks berries.

olga said...

Yay for Christmas! It's going to be lovely to see you guys again, Ross is so excited, too!
x