Pages

Monday, February 01, 2010

All sorrows are less with bread. ~Miguel de Cervantes, Don Quixote

The quote is because I have been trying to bake different types of bread, well two, pizza base and foccacia,  So far so good, but practice will make perfect.  Guðný has also been spreading her wings in the bread department and made naan bread the other day (yes we went to dinner at Guðnýs - twas yummy a lamb curry with coconut milk) Vicki provided dessert  - a really yummy baked cheesecake made with mum's frozen blueberries from autumn (which probably were a little too moist - but the proof was in the eating and as I say - it was yumm).  Tonight I am trying a lamb recipe from Marocco.  We shall see how this works... Now lots has happened so there will be lots of photos. and maybe a bit of explanation in between......













The lovely Olga and Ross left us towards the end of Jan, 
I thought that it was about time that an update was made of the photos of mum and the dog, this was taken at breakfast.... Freyja really doesn´t like the idea of being a lap dog...
The sun came back......
I actually got of my butt and took Vicki over to Hofsós and Hólar -  At Hofsós there are some great Bassalt formations on the sea shore... sort of like the giants causway but mini
Vicki rewarded me by cleaning out my pantry... what is it with visiting Australians, they feel the need to clean out my shit - I love it!!! I want more visitors, preferrably on a two month rotation - that way my pantry will remain clean....
See, you can actually SEE the floor, it's not covered in crap meant for recycling - oh another thing the recycling bins came this week, so no excuse - there is no need for me to have a mini rubbish tip in my pantry!!
My brother Helgi, Sigga sister in law, their son Gunni, his wife Þórgunnur, and their two boys came to visit last weekend, this is my great nephew Ari Freyr - what a cutie!!!
And the best of the best, mum finished my cardigan coat - Vicki modelled it for me... Isn´t it great!!! I love it
So light and warm and just amazing... one day I will learn how to knit!

4 comments:

judith said...

OMG! your mom does great work! I love that sweater. I tried my first Fair Isle knitting this winter. I need tons more practice.

olga said...

Oh my gosh, naan bread! And that cardigan is great, if my knitting phase lasts long enough, I will definitely make one! (Or hey, at least start one, let's set achievable goals...)
x

Vicki said...

Tell the truth Sigga the cheesecake was not just a little moist it was a river and a disaster!

northern musings said...

BUT!!! It tasted soooo good!!!

I thought you might like the jumper Judy, and Olga I can see you now knitting all of Ross' socks and jocks....