Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Health - what my friends are always drinking to before they fall down. ~Phyllis Diller

Yep it was another beautiful day in the fjord today!

So there was another Þorrablót last night  - this time with the people from the museum, the heritage trust and the environmental office.  Twas a really good night - Sirrí hired the Kiwanis meeting hall which is down by the harbour, everyone bought some food - this is just what Sirrí and Guðný brought with them.  Guðný and I also made mashed potato, mashed sweet potato and mashed swede.  All of which tasted superb.  I think that this was the first þorrablót where I actually really enjoyed the food.  


After the food bit was over Helgi Páll took out the guitar and singing ensued.  Really really bad singing but lots and lots of fun.


After quite a few beers and landi, Guðný, Svanhildur and I headed to the local bar...... Not pretty.... But had a great time.

1 comment:

judith said...

I'm glad ya'll finally got some snow, I was beginning to worry. We're supposed to have more Tuesday.