Pages

Monday, February 08, 2010

Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that’s bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

So the big weekend of rotten food eating is over.  It was great, although I am still recovering.... Friday nights fest was with the cousins from Akrir, lots of singing and eating and drinking...
My favourite cousins Sirrí and Stína, these two have been my saviours in so many ways on so many occasions, if ever I feel a bit down or bad about myself or life or anything, these are the two that I know that I can always turn to.  I am not only blessed with a great bunch of siblings I also have the best cousins ever!!
I tried to upload a video from the other night too, but it didn´t work, will try and upload it to flickr instead, there are a few videos from the Akrar evening,  I was a tad slack on the S'krók blót so no pictures of videos from that.  The night was good, twas long and took me a full day to recover, food hasn´t seemed like a good idea either... However, tonight we had grilled cod and some veges done in the oven, these were ones we did last week.
A lot more appetising than the sour / pickled old food, however, having discovered pickled whale, I am starting to think that maybe I really am an Icelander of peasant stock.

No comments: