Pages

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Dogs never lie about love. Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson

I was looking for a quote about dogs and the new year and found nothing, but in my search found a site that gives a dog quote for every day of the year - this was the one for January 2nd... the one for Jan 1 was one that I had used before and is so wonderfully found in my book of the dog that Vicki made for me.... so it was unlikely that I would repeat it here again....and this one was quite apt as the beginning for this blog... for those that watch QI you will know what I mean.

Happy New Year people - hope that 2012 is a great year for you!  I know that it will be an amazing one for me... I turn 50 - it's a milestone that I thought I would never reach - ever...so I figure if I reach 50 then maybe, maybe, I will have left a fingerprint of myself on someones life.


During this last year I have been following an amazing woman in her journey in meeting all her facebook friends - she managed 90% which I think is amazing... I will try now and give her link...  .http://arlynnpresser.wordpress.com/  I know I should learn to embed and all that -I obviously need lessons.... anywho.. check her out... amazing!  now she has sent out the challenge to her "followers" to make a new  years resolution that is challenging - like right out there - not the usual - lose weight, stop smoking, stop drinking..... stuff that you know you won't do - but something more challenging that makes you want to do it... I can not for the life of me think of anything.... other than lose weight, stop smoking, stop drinking.... One that is a possibility though and one that I have definitely put off for over 11 years is to return to Australia.....  umm...I'll think about it... go back and face what I left behind... could it be that bad.. nah - would actually be quite good... who knows. maybe that is my thing for 2012?


But... can't leave you without photos... so will put on here the ones I took at New Years....
 My sister - the amazing one - taught me everything I know about cooking
My bestest friend in Iceland Guðný.... who can resist that smile? 
Yeh, I know - need to get a better camera... bonfire and fireworks at the other end of town.
 The  Australian contingent checking out the fireworks

 Maggi and Guðný relaxing whilst waiting for the Icelanders new years review... a comic spoof of what has happened over the last 12 months... This years was good, twas very very good and cut close to the bone, almost too close for many of our politicians.

 Maggi being the clever man that he is - brought fireworks with him.... hours of fun and enjoyment....
 As Guðný demonstrated with the internal ones.. ie the ones that could be used indoors...
 Maggi glassed up to take on the role of fireworks demonstrator... Guðný probably pissed off 'cos we couldn't find the other safety goggles...(Maggi did buy three sets... he knew how useless me and Guðný would be......)
 Let's light the fire..
 Sorry no fireworks picks... crappy camera remember - so instead there are shots from new years day dinner.
 All rather relaxed and sedate.... so nice
 My sister having quality Henry time... it is going to be hard for her to leave....
The blokes, Maggi - my nephew and bestest friend and the other one... Árni - the one you never lie about.

2 comments:

Maja said...

50! I can't believe it! It's probably about time you came back to oz for a visit. What's to face? Just us rellies here...

Happy new year :)

Anonymous said...

I love the title of this blog, so true! I also love the photos of family gatherings. My family is always mad at each other, so we don't get to have big get togethers anymore, how I miss them! :P