Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

I sit astride life like a bad rider on a horse. I only owe it to the horse's good nature that I am not thrown off at this very moment. ~Ludwig W


Thought it time for you guys to see something else when you look to see if I have updated the blog, so I thought I might put one of the old Christmas family photos up. Maybe this will be the theme for the countdown to Christmas - who knows. This is taken in the early 80's - I have my princess Di look happening.
I am currently watching wicker man and am not really getting it - like most Nicholas Cage movies it is subject to his amazing over or is it under acting.
The Silly season is about to start and so soon every weekend will be packed with feasting and the like. Tomorrow I was supposed to be going to a buffet of wild food. However, there weren´t sufficient numbers so instead I am going to my cousin Herdís´s - which means even better food.

My lovely uncle Andres came tonight bearing great gifts - one sheep - cut down into edible bits. Mother and I are extremely happy - her freezer is full so we think that we are going to be pretty well right for the winter- I wonder which one of these is is the freezer????
.

8 comments:

Maja said...

Wow that's a pretty awesome photo! Look at the haircuts! And Valdi's amazingly chubby face I just want to eat him all up! I am so excited about Christmas, I'm just dying to start putting up lights and decorations already, do you think it's too early?

Num num num Icelandic lamb makes my mouth water just looking at it.

Margarita Mirasol said...

You really do look like Di! You even have her pose. sdkfjklfjdsklfjsdklfjsdaklfj


I look at those lambs, Maja, and see Shag Rugs!!!

Northern musings said...

I can´t wait for Christmas either - am wondering when it won´t be scandalous for me to put lights on the trees outside. As for looking like Di - I think every girl her age tried the look, the pose just comes naturally.
Valdi was a cuty - I just wonder what you were looking at Maja?

Northern musings said...

I can´t wait for Christmas either - am wondering when it won´t be scandalous for me to put lights on the trees outside. As for looking like Di - I think every girl her age tried the look, the pose just comes naturally.
Valdi was a cuty - I just wonder what you were looking at Maja?

judith said...

I love pictures from the past... which one is Maja?

I look at those sheep and see yarn.

Scandalous to put lights on trees? I'm going to send you pictured of some of the houses and yard in Texas. Hey, google Marshall Texas. They have had a Guinness World Record for lights before. In Texas if you don't decorate your house or yard for Christmas people think you're a Scrooge.

Northern musings said...

Why did my post post twice??? Maja is the cuty in the pink dress checking out whether she has developed growths yet... she is around 3 years old.... Scandalous only in that Icelanders are pretty traditional about the laws / unwritten rules surrounding Christmas - usually you can´t do anything before the first Sunday in Advent. But the sun is going down by 5pm these days so I would like to have lights all around the house before I get home from work... We'll see how long I last.

Johanna said...

Put up the lights Sigga - and many will follow in your steps!!! The thing about icelanders - nobobdy wants to go first!!!..... we are so very shy - ... or NOT....
Me and Steina began to make christmas-cards yesterday - put some christmas-songs on the cd player - and the kids had a blast..... we just loooovvveee christmas -

tsduff said...

ummm, lamb. Food of the Gods...