Pages

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal. ~Emma Goldman


So number one highlight of the week is that my nephew Nicholas is here for a 3 week visit - such a nice guy!  My brothers and sisters have created such wonderful people - so proud of all of them.

Me, I have a dog
Desperate to escape into the real world.  Look at the state of my door and this is the second curtain that she has ripped!  currently discussing the next option for the window on the door - it sheds a little too much light into my world....

Here they are enjoying a glass of red... ofcourse

In other news the political party that I am affiliated with increased it's following to over 40% here in the region... very good news.. the thing below is our last minute pamphlet to encourage people to vote for us to keep 4 people in the council.  Viggo was in position number 4 and the pamphlet basically was this is your choice - do you want Viggo or the other guy... The other guy got in too, but I think it swayed a few that might have voted for one of the other lots.   So, the last few days have been meetings, meetings, meetings - a little work thrown in as well, when opportunity allows... Poor Nick - not a good time to visit me - but it means he has plenty of quality time with his amma.

Later folks!

5 comments:

judith said...

And where does the nephew live? So why is your dog scratching the door like that?

northern musings said...

The nephew normally lives in Australia - is currently touring with the band that he works for and visiting his girlfriend in the states who is with another band. The dog scratches the door like that as she has discovered that if the door is unlocked she can actually open it by jumping up pushing the handle down. She attempted this one night when I was at a meeting but the door was locked hence the scratching....

judith said...

Our front door looks almost that bad from the outside. Our neighbor who I walk with regularly has a year old German Shepard. Izzy doesn't like it when we go inside and leave her out so she tries to open the door and come in. One of these days I know I'm going to find her sitting on the couch.

Vicki said...

Enjoy your stay Nicholas!

My cat Squeek scratches the door like that to be let out and she scratched and ruined a brand new leather sofa in the very first week after I bought it!!!

Maja said...

Well done ms magnusdottir!

Nick's looking good. Those photos are making me crave a good glass of red, but when you open a bottle.... you've gotta finish it. Therefore my rule these days is no drinking alone.

I cannot believe freyja's remodelling of the door. It's a pity dogs cant come and go as they please like cats can.

xox