Pages

Monday, May 05, 2008

“It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.”

I think it may have been the fifteenth glass when i did the tarots for myself and Guðny. From what i can tell there is a lot of "love" in my life, so many cups... ah if only that were the case. Nevertheless here are some shots of some lovely summer days in Iceland.. These are actually taken on the "first" day of summer (according to the Viking calendar), a week later we had snow!

my pretty little town.. My place is behind those rather large trees.

Overlooking the centre of town and here dead centre means exactly that. The photo is taken from the cemetary and what you are looking at is the deadest centre of town ever... if not for the Shell station and video store, no one would ever stop there.

She is just so pretty!

I promised shots from the weekend event of the year... Geiri´s dance... here you can perhaps see the male choir heimir. Twas a good night overall. Unfortunately i did drink one too many reds... but i think that I did not do too much to disgrace myself.. had a really really good time.

this is my nephew maggi and Bryndis.... a good friend

Mum, on the left - party girl... whilst I recovered on Saturday she made herself all ready for the accordian dance on Saturday night... aparently she got home at 2am... Oh to be like her at 81 years of age. The woman she is talking to is a relo... distantly related on my fathers side. Nice lady works in the local KS

My main drinking buddy in S´krók and also one of only two forensic pathologists.. or whatever one calls an archeologists whose main interest is bones and what they tell us of how the folks died... very balanced, and a good mate.
Yes, I did drink too much red, but I also danced and had a really good time. I really need to practice looking good for a camera, unless ofcourse there are jobs for the most unphotogenic...

5 comments:

Margarita Mirasol said...

I love your pics of Iceland. So what's the most popular tipple in Iceland?

Northern musings said...

Icelanders like the hard stuff, vodka, brennivin (Icelandic aquavit flavoured with caraway seeds), whisky and cognac. They also enjoy their wine and beers. Me I´m a red wine drinker from way back and being Australian I stick to New World wines (except Californian - call me a bigot)

Maja said...

Nice pics. Skagafjordur looks so glassy in those pics.

I think that's a good pic of you with your mate. One of my techniques for when having a photo taken is to tilt my face downwards just a little bit and stick my neck out ever so slightly to hide any double chin action that might show up. Also, just check every photo that is taken and demand a new one if you don't like it.

Margarita Mirasol said...

LOL maj!!
Hahahahahaahahaahahahaha.
I bend over cos I look less Godzilla-like, although I lie to readers and tell them it's cos I'm trying to fit into the camera frame.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Love being candid with you girls.
Yum, carroway....gorra come to Iceland and will.

Northern musings said...

Maja you once tried to teach me how to be photogenic - problem is i always forget and so the tripple chin and gummy teeth no eyes is always the result!