Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week. ~Spanish Proverb

So this weekend was an extra long one for me.. I took friday off to have my nails done (toes) and the tyres on my car changed. Also managed to do one or two other things. Like clean the spare room - it is now habitable for guests.
On saturday night maggi and i hit the town.. and as usual probably drank too many reds before leaving the house.. Anywhooo my ritual is usually that on my return home I need to take the dog for a walk. This way I can be ensured a long long lie in. Freyja did as she should was waiting for me at the door when I got home. So of we went.

What met us was an amazing sunrise... yep sunrise.. 3am.. I love this place - sunset is sometime after midnight and sunrise is not long after.

Twas such a nice night. Again a reminder that no matter how blotto you are - you can still appreciate a good sunrise/sunset!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

tsduff said...

Beautiful sunrise! I love the difference in light and dark hours sported by Iceland - it is fascinating!

Lovely pictures - and sounds like you had a great time out :)

Maja said...

Love that spanish proverb. The sunrises in S'krokur are always superb. Freyja's face cracks me up!

Margarita Mirasol said...

Wow. How amazing to experience such a lovely sunrise. Some of my favourite moments on the boat were the sunrises.

He he. I like that proverb, too.

Northern musings said...

Thanks for that - I wasn´t sure how the photos would turn out. It was such a lovely weekend - really nice weather. Also went up to the farm and saw some lambies and dead sheep. I should have taken the camera - but I forgot. Will try and remember next time.