Pages

Friday, May 02, 2008

Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday. ~Don Marquis


Ah yes, 1979, I think that this is the longest my hair has ever been - and see how shiny it it! This is before red wine and cigarettes became diet staples.
I am not in the mood to do work, so am basically living in the past, which is not a bad thing to do every now and then.
What is making me even more nostalgic is that tonights big festivity is the celebration of 50 years of Geirmundur... Now who the f is Geirmundur? Well, he is a bit of a local icon. http://www.randburg.com/is/skifan/quarashi.html
So tonight, in the sports hall, the whole town (well a large proportion of it) is showing up to honour this bloke who has been entertaining the locals since well before I was born.
To quote a myspace icelander "in the evening I went to a party, but ended up at a dance with Geirmundur Valtýrsson, where I had a fucking blast. on those kind ofdances there are mostly older people getting really drunk, I look at it as a Cirkus of strange human behavior. I was probably the youngest there exept for the doorman. "
The quote probably sums it up. There will be a lot of "older" folk, a lot of "drunken" folk and therefore a large number of "older drunken" folk.

I will however, not be dressed up as bam bam - no matter how cute i may look in a dead sheeps clothes.
I shall report anon as to how the evening progressed (or digressed or degenerated). Mum is coming too - yes I am the one of those daughters that takes her 81 year old mum drinking and boozing with the masses.
Later

1 comment:

Maja said...

Yay for a new post! Maria from Ferroever will be pleased, did you know she recommended reading your blog on her blog?

You look very cute as bam bam!