Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sausage Swiper - Bjugnakrækir and Window Peeper - Gluggagægir


The ninth was Sausage Swiper,a shifty pilferer.
He climbed up to the rafters and raided food from there.
Sitting on a crossbeam in soot and in smoke,
he fed himself on sausage fit for gentlefolk

The tenth was Window Peeper,a weird little twit,
who stepped up to the window and stole a peek through it.
And whatever was inside to which his eye was drawn,
he most likely attempted to take later on.

These two are a tad wierd, especially the window peeper - creepy really.

So far the weekend has been great - got an early start on it on Friday, had a meeting here in town which meant that I clocked off work at around 2:30pm. Started the Christmas shopping, have gotten pressies for mum and maggi and Freyja. Guðný and Maggi came over for dinner and we played my new christmas present to myself - Íslands spilið - like Trivial Pursuit but with only questions on Iceland - figured that I would never win this game - but it would be educational and it has been. I think my brain can take a bit more trivia so I will be concentrating on filling it up with Icelandic facts and useless information. We played two games - Guðny won both. I came last (as to be expected). We then went out (as one does), played a game of pool - danced a little. Fun night - for which I paid dearly today.
Having wasted most of the day, mum and I headed for Holar for a christmas concert by the choir. Was really good, so now it really does feel like Christmas is on its way. The only lowlight at the moment is that the weather is getting warmer - so we may not have any snow this year - I am trying not to think about it - am sure that the weather Gods will intervene to make sure Olga and Ross have a white Chrissy.

Back at Glaumbæ tomorrow

3 comments:

olga said...

Noooooo!

Oh well, I'm sure it'll be a lovely Christmas no matter what! I'll call you sometime tomorrow to find out about the trip to S'krok.
Also, Ross and I will play Icelandic trivia, I'm sure we'll take your last place away from you!
x

Northern musings said...

I thought that it would be a good way to learn some crap about Iceland - and as we love our trivia I could not resist the purchase. At this stage the guy is either going monday or early tuesday. I need to get his number from his ma and I need to get Matthildurs address from you. Or I can also look it up. I will be home sometime after 7pm tomorrow night... Hope you have a great flight!

judith said...

These little guys just keep getting better and better, creepier and creepier I guess I should say. Sounds like you will have a good 'Chrissy' (that's so cute) after all, snow or no snow... I can't imagine you not already covered and knee deep...

BTW if we called Christmas Chrissy in the States someone would accuse us of taking something away from it.