Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. ~Douglas Adams

I was looking for a quote about finishing something, completion etc... found nothing... and then saw the Douglas Adams quote, now that was a fine and strange mind.  


Today was a productive day at work, probably the first all week, I even managed to put in a full day there - no meetings or distractions, even limited time surfing the net.. Amazing.  So I was all pepped up when I got home - went and did some shopping and then came home and cooked a lamb curry.  All my curries are the same - no recipe - just every spice in the cupboard, chili, ginger, garlic, onions, mushrooms, lamb and potatoes... 


I got a surprise guest for dinner - Kristine from Hólar (Swedish head of the tourism studies department), she had to kill some time in S'krók and so decided to come visit - was so happy that she decided to come here - I like the fact that people feel comfortable in coming here and even happier when I can feed them.  The curry was good - the company good, a good day overall... The best bit about today though is that I have finished this task of writing a blog everyday.  I can't understand how people can do this.  But well done them!


So, in other news, this coming weekend I will be all on my lonesome - with the doggy... Olga and Ross are finally having a honeymoon, mum is going to her sisters and Guðný is at her mums... Maggi is coming to dinner tomorrow night so at least I get to feed someone!



5 comments:

judith said...

Congratulations on your bloggy month. You did very well. I don't think I could do it. I can talk a blue streak but I don't think I could come up with something to write about on a daily basis.

Northern musings said...

Hey thanks for that, you could tell that with me - so hard to think of crap to write about.... especially when everyday is basically the same... now that I have done it though it should be time for someone else to take over - want to take the challenge?

Vicki said...

Well done...you made it!

Don't forget you are coming to my place for dinner Sat night.

olga said...

Good work on the bloggy month!

Kristine is nice, I like her - her Icelandic/English combinations sound so much like the way we talk, she fits right in at the dinner table!

I think you'll enjoy the weekend to yourself so much you won't want any of us back :)

xx

Unknown said...

Love lifts us up where we belong. God bless you. See the power of Positive thinking within you. Please follow my blog. Positive Thoughts