Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

In thee my soul shall own combined the sister and the friend. ~Catherine Killigrew

I had no idea about what to write about tonight, but after a very long and good conversation with my sister it became obvious.


I have written about her before, she is and always will be my best friend in life.  We have gone through a lot together.   I try to be there for her and she has always been there for me.  I feel at times that we are overlapping shapes in life and we share her children.  Remember those shapes in math in primary school where bits overlap - well that's me and my sis.  I feel that her children are partly mine - I hope she doesn't mind sharing them with me.  I know that my life is that much more enhanced because I have been a part of their lives -whether they feel the same is another story.


I think that sisters have a different relationship to brothers and sisters.... why, I don't know.. I love my brothers dearly and I love their children just as much, I figure that it may have basically been through geography, somehow I have always had more access to my sister's kids than to those of my brothers.  So the dynamics of the relationships changes because of that.  Remember - I bought a house down the road from my sister... I had lived in her house with them before that.... Poor children - they could not get away from me... I was there - a permanent part of their life in their early formative years.... 


To my sister, brother in law and their children - thank you!!!

2 comments:

Unnur said...

Shit!! You made me cry... at school. Thank you for being my bestest sister!

KH said...

Of course we feel the same!