Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time. ~Jean Paul Richter

We celebrated my aunt Guja's 90th birthday today.  I wasn't as good with the camera as I ought to have been - so you just get a couple of shots of the brothers and sisters...


 Here are the brothers and sisters, the eldest brother Egill passed on before I came to live in Iceland, Guja, for those not en famille is the one on the far right... yep she's 90, mum next to her is 83 the sister next to her Maja, is 78 and Disa on the far left is 76 this year.  Amazing... is all I can say.  The boys in the front row - Andres on the left is the youngest by far - from my granddads second marriage so he comes in at 56 Stebbi next to him is 77, Mundi 85 and Þóri 88.... 
Today was all about meeting people closely related - but never ever met before... or well not since childhood, this is mum with Gujas eldest daughter Ásdís you can really see Henry here.

A nice photo of my uncles Þóri and Stebbi... 


Today was also the day that my wonderful nephew Dorian Magnus married his wonderful Jacqueline... Maja put some photos on facebook - for which we are very grateful!   Looks like it was a really beautiful wedding and we really missed out on a good time.... but we were there in spirit and are so looking forward to seeing them in June when they come to spend a week here on the rock.  


I am so full... so many cakes, far too much coffee and we  had fish curry and sweet and sour fish - ie battered fish with sweet chili sauce... not bad and so I ofcourse ate far too much...


Which as mum says with all the red wine drinking I am probably ruining all my opportunities to be as good looking as she and her sisters when I reach their age....  oh well, we can't all be gordjöss.



2 comments:

olga said...

Ah, twas a lovely day, really... Nice to meet and see everyone - and yep, I'm hoping I managed to get some of those aging-well genes!

Bummer to miss out on another beautiful Aussie wedding, but it was nice to know that everyone over there was partying at the same time as us!
xx

Maja said...

You're still looking good aunt Sigga! I'm sure the red wine and cigarettes won't age you that badly!