Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Nobody told me there'd be days like these Strange days indeed, strange days indeed... John Lennon

So close to finishing this month of blogging.... why did I not do this in February or even April, still, only a couple of days to go.


In todays news, I went to another meeting in the afternoon - with the culture committee.... it was held in Miðgarð which once upon a time was a place where wild dances were held for the 16+ crowd, it is located in the next village - about 20 mins drive from S'krók.  Now its a menningarhús - a cultural centre.  Which basically means that it has a great stage and sound equipment - can house up to 200 people either for dinners, opera, recitals alls sorts of things. the renovations cost a fortune - but it looks good.  Todays meeting was with the person running the place discussing the problems with low utilisation and high cleaning costs.  Ah the joys of committee work.


I was going to go back to work after the meeting but it went on for a little longer than we had first allowed for... still it was a very informative get together, we were also informed about the current items on the agenda for our archives and local heritage museum.  We really do have great institutions in this little fjord, with directors that work with zeal and enthusiasm.  Then, tonight, I met with the party faithful to discuss the forthcoming political conference in Reykjavík - should be an interesting event - and I am actually going - actually volunteered to go.  Yep, strange things are happening in my life - I am enjoying meetings, I am enjoying being in a political party and am volunteering to go to Rvk.  Strange days indeed......

No comments: